Ready, set, summer!
What a fantastic first month of the season! The prediction was for warmer and dryer conditions again this year but I never imagined that we’d be jumping right into summer so soon. It has certainly made the end of the school year interesting. Something about the temp hitting 80+ and all of a sudden no one is thinking about school anymore. I’ll be honest, I am looking forward to wrapping up my school year as much as the kids are. This week Chris Matsumoto and I both make the transition from our school to pool personas, so there’s a good bet you’ll be seeing more of the both of us around.
Things also start ramping up at the pool this week as we say goodbye to the spring school hours schedule and jump into full-time summer operations mid-week. Yes that means the pool will be open most days until 9pm!
The swim team has a bunch of stuff going on. There’s the last evening practice on Monday, fun night Tuesday, the first morning practice on Wednesday, and time trials and a relay meet on Saturday. Fun stuff! Please note that because of the relay meet the pool will open late at 1pm on Saturday.
While the late opening on Saturday may be a bummer for some, the pool will stay open late that day as well, as we have an upper deck Adult Party on tap from 7-10pm along with a Kid Fun Float from 7-9:30pm. Yes kids this means you can bring those floaty boat, air filled, fun toys! FYI adults, the lap lanes will not be open after 7pm.
Dates to remember
- Last call for our internship program, due date 6/15, that’s Monday! We currently only have two people signed up and that’s not enough to run the program. If you are on the fence or have questions, contact Chris Matsumoto. Details about the program can be found at this link: http://wp.me/a5MiU8-4a
- Family Swim will begin this week on Wednesday, and then run weekdays from 5:30-7:00pm. This is a quieter time at the club, perfect for families with small children. Keep in mind that those swimmers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult family member during the Family Swim time.
- Teen Swim also begins on Wednesday. Teen Swim is daily from 7pm to close, Teen members can bring in two guests for only $2 per guest. These do not count agains the guest allotment.
- Adult Team also starts on Wednesday and will run 8-9pm Mondays and Wednesdays.
- A start date for Water Aerobics has been set! Mark your calendars for next Monday, June 22nd. The class will run M, W, F 12-12:45 and T, Th 8-8:45am. Class fee for members is $4.00/class or $40 for a season pass.
I have now been working with Century Link since April 22nd, and like it was with Comcast during the 8 months prior to that, I pretty much have experienced the lousiest customer service on the planet. I spent a couple of hours on the phone last Monday trying to sort things out and I’ve had follow ups with people that even tell me this is all nuts too! At this point I’m sorry I just don’t have any timeline. Let’s just hope whomever ends up being our internet provider that their actual connection speed is faster and more reliable than their install has been.
Curtains and Chairs
The new and hopefully improved shower curtains have finally shipped and should be installed early this week. New lounge chairs should have also arrived this past weekend but I received a call Sunday morning that several had been damaged so an entire new shipment has been re-scheduled and they should be about a week out, or so I was told.
Last Call for the directory cover!
Hey kids your could get your artwork on the soon to be published WW pool directory! All you need to do is to take a regular sized piece of paper and draw something poolish. A black line drawing that can be photo copied would be best. Submit your drawing to the office soon or I’m going to have to do all the artwork myself. If you decide to turn something in, don’t forget your name and age on the back.
See you poolside,
Want a little more info out of our online calendar? When looking at the club calendar online, select the “Week” tab and this view will provide a bit more detail. Click here for a link to the online calendar.
Monday, June 15th
Tuesday, June 16th
Wednesday, June 17th
Thursday, June 18th
Friday, June 19th
Saturday, June 20th
Sunday, June 21st
Happy Fathers’ Day!