During the summer of 2016 we had an unusually high number of “incidents” resulting in multiple closures of the facility. Poop happens though and unfortunately sometimes is does happen in swimming pools. Moving forward, in an effort to prevent or at least minimize these sorts of incidents, we have implemented a double swim diaper policy. Prevention is better for all of us!
Every child NOT COMPLETELY POTTY TRAINED must wear a SNUG FITTING NON-DISPOSABLE swim diaper and or rubber pants over their disposable swim diapers.
- According to the CDC no swim diaper hold fecal material beyond 3-5 minutes. By double diapering we hope to get the full 5 minutes.
- Make it a habit to have your child visit the bathroom before they get into the pool, even if they went at home.
- Take frequent bathroom breaks – we suggest every 30 minutes.
- If you observe your child doing their “potty dance”, please take you child out of the pool/deck area and head to the bathroom.
- If your child is not feeling well, has cramps, diarrhea, tummy ache, do not come to the pool. Some of these scenarios could potentially lead to a 24-hour pool closure.
There are a limited number of both disposable and non-disposable swim diapers available for purchase in the office but we may not have appropriate sizes available at all times so please plan on being prepared.