Hello Wedgwood Families,
Below is the information about the Wedgwood Internship.
The internship was started in 2013 as a way to provide both training and experience for individuals interested in learning about working at Wedgwood Swim Pool. However, we believe that the skills and competencies learned can be applied to numerous employment opportunities. Below you will find some information about the internship as well as a schedule for meeting times.
The purpose of the Wedgwood internship is to provide prospective candidates with an opportunity to:
- Gain experience with the tasks and responsibilities of a Wedgwood staff member
- Learn about the expectations of employment (i.e., what it means to have a job)
- Be evaluated based on performance for future positions (rather than on interview and application alone)
- Develop new skills and receive feedback from management
Qualifications: Participants must be 14 years of age by the start of the internship.
Interns will have a variety of opportunities and experiences to assist staff during shifts or events:
- Internship Meetings: opportunities to learn practical skills from Wedgwood Staff Members, to ask questions about the specifics of working at Wedgwood Swim Pool and receive training similar to the Wedgwood Staff
- Job Shadowing: gain experience while volunteering with Wedgwood Staff members during:
- Swim Lessons, Lifeguarding, Maintenance, Swim Meet Clean Up, and Special Events (4th of July Games, Cake Bake, etc.)
- NOTE: These activities can be used for community service hour requirements.
- During all experiences, interns will be assisting certified employees of Wedgwood Swim Pool. They will never have the sole responsibility of providing instruction or supervision as an intern.
We do not have any specific requirements in terms of time for this internship. ALL activities are open to any of the interns and no person will be required to participate. These activities are here for the interns’ learning.
Participation in the internship does not guarantee future employment at Wedgwood Swim Pool. Potential candidates do NOT need to participate in the internship program in order to be considered for a position on the staff.
If you are interested in participating, please complete and sign the attached form and return it to Wedgwood Swim Pool and ask the staff to place the form in Chris Matsumoto’s box by 7/7/17.
Chris Matsumoto (firstname.lastname@example.org)